So what is your favorite blondies recipe? I LOVE sweets, and finding a recipe that doesn’t have a ton of added sugar in it can sometimes be difficult. This blondies recipe is so delightful & rest assured that you can indulge on these beauties without all of the guilt!
I’m a true believer in the idea that you can eat whatever you want and still have it be nutritious. This blondies recipe definitely exemplifies that.
They are super simple to make and don’t take long at all. Next time you’re wanting something sweet, try these out rather than reaching for those desserts with all of the refined flours and added sugars… you won’t regret it. 🙂
There are so many pluses when baking with garbanzo beans.
For starters, they are a great source of vegan protein (about 12g per cup) which, when it comes to a dessert, you totally can’t beat.
Second, they are high in fiber. Fiber helps slow the digestion process and helps with balancing blood sugar levels…perfect when eating sweets so you don’t get those high blood sugar levels which can lead to fat storage…woohoo!
Garbanzo beans are also a great source of manganese which aids in bone production, connective tissue formation and also in the metabolism of fats and carbs in the body.
- 1 package [13.5 oz] of organic garbanzo beans (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup nut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (local and unfiltered is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 cup organic vegan dark chocolate chips (atleast 65% cocao)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Rinse garbanzo beans
- Add all ingredients excluding the chocolate chips, flax seeds and pecans into vitamix and blend
- Blend till smooth then pulse in chocolate chips, flax seeds and pecans (slowly-be sure not to over mix them or they will break)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and let cool for 15-20 minutes
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve chilled with a glass of nut milk 🙂